Do you want a roofing material that can withstand all forms of weather and last three times as long as asphalt or shingles? Metal roofing is well-known for its durability and all-weather performance. A metal roofing system is your best option if you want a new roofing system that will last for generations.
What Exactly is Metal Roofing?
Metal roofing is long-lasting. It guards against destructive elements like wind, rain, hail, snow, ice, and fire.
The types of metal roofing are:
Clip system for expansion and contraction: The clip system allows thermal movement as panels expand and contract with temperature changes. Metal roofing material typically lasts four times longer than asphalt material, and owners recoup up to 95% of the cost upon resale. Metal roofs can provide significant energy savings and hazard insurance savings up to 35%. A metal roof can last over 50 years with very little maintenance.
Metal Shingles and Shakes:
We offer lifetime steel and aluminum interlocking shake and tile metal roofing systems. Metal roofs offer distinctive beauty and durability, long-term protection and security that significantly increases the value of your home. Each style offers environmental benefits, energy savings, and protection against the weather. The metal roofing materials we use are made in America and use up to 99% recycled, quality aluminum, the majority of which is post-consumer.
Metal Roofing Benefits
Metal roofing is easier to maintain and more corrosion resistant. It can last for decades with only occasional maintenance. Here are some additional advantages to using metal roofing:
- Longevity: With periodic maintenance and the right roofing material, your roof can survive for more than 50 years, as opposed to shingles or other roofing materials, which only last 10-20 years.
- Durability: Metal roofing is the recommended roofing material in regions prone to severe weather.
- Simple roof maintenance: Just clear the gutters and remove leaves, sticks, and other debris once a year or after a weather event.
- Environmentally friendly: Unlike shingles, roofing materials are 100% recyclable. Metal roofing does not require frequent replacement, making it more eco-friendly.
- Energy-efficient: Metal roofing reflects light and directs heat away from the home or business, saving cooling system costs.
- Weather and fire resistance: Metal roofing can withstand storms, intense heat, hurricanes, and even give additional protection in wildfires.
- Lighter material: Metal roofing is lighter than conventional materials like tiles and asphalt. This means that roof structures and house foundations will be subjected to less stress and weight.
Potential Downsides to Metal Roofing
One of the main drawbacks of upgrading to a metal roof is the cost. The metal sheet is not that expensive, but it must be installed with additional accessories such as flashing, ridge caps, fasteners, sealants, and gutters. A professional roofing team is required for safety and proper installation.
Most Popular Styles of Metal Roofing
Metal roofing is more than just flat sheets of metal. There are numerous designs, styles and color choices available. Choosing a style and design for your home can have a significant impact on its external appearance. These are a few of the more popular styles of metal roofing.
- Vertical Seam (Exposed Fastener Panels) The vertical seam exposed fastener is fastened directly through the face of overlapping panels and onto the roof framing.
- Vertical Seam (Standing Seam Panels) The fasteners are concealed in standing seam roof systems.
- Metal Shingle (Simulated Shingle & Cedar) Metal shingles have the same benefits as metal roofing but look like natural materials.
- Metal Shingle (Simulated Slate) The traditional look of a slate roof tile is achieved with simulated slate metal shingles.
- Stone Coated (Simulated Conventional Shingles) Stone-coated metal shingles look like traditional stone and asphalt shingles.
- Metal Tile (Simulated Tile Roofing) Simulated metal tile roofing looks just like ceramic tile roofing.
Finally, Should You Choose a Metal Roof?
If you’re thinking about metal roofing for your home but aren’t sure if it’s the right option, you can call a reputable Seattle area roofing company for a free inspection to learn more about your alternatives. Think about the advantages of metal roofing. Metal roofing is an excellent choice if you live in an area prone to extreme weather conditions and natural disasters. It may be more costly in upfront, but it will pay off in the long-term.
Please contact us at Four Seasons Roofing if you have any questions about a new metal roofing system or wish to discuss your alternatives. We are happy to help!